Client: North West Local Land Services (NWLLS)
Market: North West NSW Rivers
Target: Recreational Fishermen / General Public
Campaign: Pest Fish Biosecurity Awareness
- Raise awareness of the pest-fish; Tilapia.
- Educate the wider community on its environmental impact.
- Stimulate online reporting by anyone coming in contact with Tilapia.
- Build a ‘brand’ that reflects; the subject, ‘call to action’ and the outcome.
- Design a creative, entertaining and cost-effective advertising framework.
- Create an effective web point of contact in spite of a complex NWLLS URL.
- Drive behavioural change with measurable results.
- Maintain consistency with Land Services’ biosecurity program.
- Developed the brand ‘Stop Tilapia’ as a challenge, action and outcome.
- Used simple, entertaining animated graphics for TVCs and print.
- We streamlined contact access by promoting the brand as search text.
- Our graphic development stimulated empathy and response.
- Created new marketing opportunities for NWLLS biosecurity branding.
- Television Commercials
- Web pages
- Press: Newsletter
To maximise value and effectiveness of the campaign, our media spend targeted relevant ‘niche’ programming. The 30sx TVC delivered the broader message backed by the 15sx ‘call to action’. The placement was optimised to drive response and deliver results. A concurrent support campaign placed DL flyers at relevant ‘points of sale’ such as; fishing tackle shops / boat retailers / tourist information centres.
gocrossmedia’s “Stop Tilapia’ campaign proved to be both engaging and easy to understand. A strategy of ‘targeted’ airtime placement saw a very positive response to the brand message by the ‘niche’ target audience. Google analytics confirmed that visits to the relevant Tilapia page doubled during each airtime period. Our strategy, creative, production and placement of the ‘Stop Tilapia’ brand continues to drive positive outcomes for NWLLS and has set a strong foundation for subsequent biosecurity campaigns.